Alternative Prayer Time
This is an alternative prayer time for Trondheim based on combination between local time during normal period and Makkah time during extreme period. The prayer time schedule developed in accordance with Fatwa No:2806 dated 08 August 2010 by Dar al-Ifta al Misriyyah (Egypt) about fasting (and praying) in countries where the nights are short. Question and inquiry could be addressed to: email@example.com. For other cities, go here.
Monthly Prayer Time Schedule 2012
You could download the prayer time schedule here:
- Download: prayer time 2012
You could download the pdf files of the Fatwa No:2806 dated 08 August 2010 Dar al-Ifta al Misriyyah (Egypt) here:
You could download the presentation file titled Prayer and Fasting Time for Nordic Countries (English).
Features of the Alternative Prayer Time
The alternative prayer time schedule consist of (valid only for Trondheim):
- Period A: 01.01.2011 — 11.03.2011 : local time.
- Period B: 12.03.2011 — 11.04.2011 : transition time.
- Period C: 12.04.2011 — 31.08.2011 : Makkah time.
- Period D: 01.09.2011 — 30.09.2011 : transition time.
- Period E: 01.10.2011 — 31.12.2011 : local time.
The local time during the Period A and E is different as local time can be found in the old prayer schedule, such as the one can be found in www.islam.no. There are two main differences, i.e.:
- The alternative prayer time schedule uses exactly the time for fajr shadiq at the eastern horizon and the disappear of the red cloud at the western horizon to determine the time for Fajr (Subh) and Isha’. Astronomically this is correspond to the sun’s position of 18 degree below horizon (Astronomical Twilight Time). This is according to syariah. While www.islam.no uses fixed 90 minutes between Fajr and sunrise and also between sunset and Isha’.
- The alternative prayer time schedule uses exactly the length of the shadow equal to the object to determine the time for Asr. This is according to syariah. While www.islam.no uses the middle time between Duhr and Maghrib.
The transition time during Period B and D connects between the local time and the alternative time (Makkah time). This is needed in order to avoid sudden jump. And also to make possible for muslim to pray and fasting properly. This kind of method is legally according to the agreement of many Muslim scholars and Muslim astronomers. This method in fact has been applied by ICOP (International Crescent Observatory Program), a body under the World Muslim League situated in Makkah Al-Mukarramah.
The alternative (Makkah) time is valid since 12 April 2011 – 31 August 2011 (Period C), because at that time the red cloud is never disappear from the sky and there is no fajr shadiq. It means the time for Maghrib, Isha and Fajr are blending together. These times we called as extreme time, in therefore we are allowed to take another alternative time. The Makkah time is used as the alternative time in accordance to the latestFatwa No:2806 dated 08 August 2010 by Dar al-Ifta al Misriyyah (Egypt) about fasting (and praying) in countries where the nights are short. The fatwa is also supported by many old muslim scholars.
You could download the prayer time schedule for other cities. If your city is not mentioned, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Insha Allah, we will generate the prayer time specific four city for free as soon as possible.